Strawberry Crumble Bar Recipe by Bella Gluten-Free
Servings: Makes 12 Bars • Prep: 15 mins • Total: 40 mins
Ingredients: Flaky Pie Crust
1cup + 2 TBL Bella Gluten-Free All Purpose Baking Mix
6 TBL butter of choice, chopped
1 egg (cold)
1 TBL ice water
1/4 cup finely chopped nuts of choice (optional)
2 cups strawberries, stemmed and sliced
3 TBL granulated sugar
Squeeze of lemon
1/2 cup gluten-free oats
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 TBL butter of choice
2 tsp sesame seeds (optional)
Steps: Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Lightly grease an 9x13" baking pan
1. For pie crust: Mix together dry ingredients. Cut in butter until mixture resembles a coarse meal. Add egg and water and mix until dough forms a ball. Refrigerate while making the filling.
2. In a medium bowl, combine strawberries, sugar, baking mix and lemon juice. Stir well to dissolve the sugar. Place in the fridge while making streusel to allow juices to form.
3. Mix together flour, oats, sugar and sesame seeds. Work in butter until coarse crumbs forms.
4. Between 2 pieces of parchment paper, roll out pie crust into a 9"x13" rectangle. Place in prepared pan. Spread strawberries and juices over the crust and sprinkle streusel evenly over the top.
5. Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden brown. Cut into squares when cool.