Bacon Apple Muffin Recipe by Bella Gluten-Free
Servings: Makes one dozen • Prep: 15 mins • Total: 35 mins
2 large eggs
1/2 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
1 1/4 cup applesauce, sweetened
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
2/3 cup apples, cored, peeled, and finely chopped
1/2 cup cooked bacon, about 6 slices finely chopped
1/2 cup coconut or brown sugar
2 TBL butter or alternative, chilled
2 TBL bacon bits (cooked and chopped)
1/4 tsp cinnamon, ground
Steps: Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Line 12 muffin tins with paper or lightly grease.
1. Beat eggs and sugar together until fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add applesauce and blend.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together dry ingredients: Bella Gluten-Free All Purpose Baking Mix, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon.
3. Add wet ingredients into dry and blend. Add in apples and 1/2 cup bacon bits.
4. Fill muffin tins 3/4 full. Evenly divide streusel, about 1 TBL, on top of each muffin.
5. Bake for 18-22 minutes or until tester comes out clean.