Springtime Flatbread by Bella Gluten-Free
Servings: Makes 6 slices • Prep: 2 mins • Total: 22 mins
2 -3 tsp good quality olive oil
1/2 clove garlic, minced
8 slices pancetta
6 fresh asparagus tips
1 oz goat cheese crumbles (or alternative), we used a truffle goat cheese
zest of 1 small lemon
salt & fresh cracked pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Prepare the Gourmet Italian Pizza Crust Mix as directed on package.
- Following the instructions on the package, spread the dough out onto a well-greased pizza stone or baking sheet using a rubber spatula dipped in water. Spread the dough as evenly as possible into a large square shape. (This may take a few times to achieve so dip the spatula in water each time to work the dough into the desired shape. Perfection isn’t what we are going for, think artisanal and have fun with it!)
- Par-bake the pizza crust in 450 degree oven for 10 minutes.
- While the pizza crust is baking, prepare the asparagus tips by rubbing them in a bit of the olive oil, salt and pepper. Crumble the goat cheese, if it isn’t already crumbled.
- After 10 minutes baking time, remove pizza crust from oven and spread the remaining olive oil onto the crust using a pastry brush. Sprinkle the minced garlic over the crust. Layer the pancetta slices, followed by the prepared asparagus tips. Finally sprinkle the crumbled goat cheese over the top and bake for the remaining 10 minutes. The asparagus should just start to brown and the pancetta should crisp.
- To serve; sprinkle the lemon zest all over the top of the flatbread and slice into six pieces. Serve warm or cool for the ultimate appetizer. Just add wine and friends. Yum!