Mini Trifles by Bella Gluten-Free
Servings: Makes 4 Triffles • Prep: 5 mins • Total: 10 mins
2 cups strawberries, halved and sliced plus 4 slices to garnish
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
1 pint (16 ounces) heavy whipping cream
3 tablespoons powdered sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 cups blueberries
1. Prepare the scone mixture as directed on cup package. Bake off and leave to cool fully before proceeding to making the trifles. Be aware you will only need 4 scones for this recipe, so you will have 2 leftover. (Bonus!)
2. In a medium glass bowl combine the strawberries, sugar and water. Stir well to dissolve the sugar. Place in the fridge to macerate the strawberries for 20 minutes. This will help release the juices from the strawberries and leave you with a lovely sweet syrup.
3. Meanwhile, crumble the scones into the bottom of whatever glass or jar you’re using to serve, divvying them up one scone per glass. Set aside.
4. Prepare the whipped cream by combining the heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar and vanilla extract into a large mixing bowl. With electric beaters or a standing mixer whip the cream on high until stiff peaks just form.
5. To assemble: Scoop ½ cup of the strawberry mixture into the glasses on top of the crumbled scone pieces being sure to drizzle some of the juice onto the scones.
6. Next dollop a generous amount of whipped cream on top of the strawberries layer, followed by ¼ cup of the blueberries per glass.
7. Finally dollop another bit of whipped cream over top the blueberries and garnish with the reserved strawberry slice and a bit more of the strawberry liquid. Serve straight away or this can be kept in the refrigerator, covered with cling film, for 24 hours.